Yield: 1 Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 thin slices of Prosciutto
- 1 English Muffin
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Egg
- Sea Salt and Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Pesto
- 1 Slice of Gouda Cheese
- Split and toast an English muffin and place sliced Prosciutto on the top of the bottom half of the muffin.
- In a small nonstick skillet over low heat, melt the butter and crack the egg into the pan and cook over low heat until the whites are settled but yolk is still runny, three to four minutes. Once the whites look soft and white, gently spoon the melted butter in the pan over the yolks until hot, about one minute. This will help cook the egg from top to bottom and keep the yolk silky but warm. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and transfer egg to prepared English muffin.
- Spoon Pesto over the egg and top with a slice of Gouda cheese. Top sandwich with remaining muffin half and serve.