If you liked our Beef Tenderloin Steak Recipe then you will also love this unique recipe.
- 2 medium Lobster tails, shelled and finely diced
- 1 12 ounces can of Beer (of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups Flour, plus 1 additional cup for dredging
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh Bread Crumbs
- Pour beer into a large bowl. Sift 1 1/2 cups flour with salt and paprika into the beer, whisking until the batter is slightly frothy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the parsley, lemon juice, eggs, and mayonnaise. Add lobster meat and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper and combine well. Divide the mixture into 8 portions; form each into the shape of a corndog and place a stick into one end of each.
- Heat a large pot with 2 inches of vegetable oil until the temperature reaches 375 degrees.
- Dredge each corndog with flour followed by an additional dredge into the beer batter. Holding each corndog by the stick, lower each piece into hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cook in batches to avoid sticking. Serve with spicy mustard sauce.
Spicy Mustard Sauce
Yield: 3/4 cup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Dry Mustard
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Combine mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Blend well. Cover and let stand at room temperature (up to 8 hours).
- Combine mustard mixture, sugar, and egg yolk in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.