If you liked our previous apple pork recipe then I am sure you will like the recipe I am sharing with you today.
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Walnut Oil
- ¼ cup Onion, small dice
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 ½ teaspoons Honey
- 3 Granny Smith Apples (approximately 1 ½ pounds total weight), peeled, cored, and cut into ½ inch cubes.
- ¼ cup Sherry Vinegar
- ¼ cup Walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted in a sauté pan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Put the butter and walnut oil in a medium-sized sauté pan and warm over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté, uncovered, until lightly browned about 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the sugar and honey. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the apples and sherry vinegar. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until the vinegar has reduced by two-thirds, about 10 minutes. Add the walnuts and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat, stir in the salt and pepper, cover to keep warm, and set aside. Store in a sealed container for up to a week.