Today I will share with you Apple & Cognac Braised Pork Roast recipe.
- 2 teaspoon fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh Sage
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 boneless rolled Pork Loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Corn Oil
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup thawed unsweetened Apple Juice Concentrate
- ½ cup JC Apple Cognac
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Combine 1 teaspoon thyme, sage, and pepper and rub over pork.
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat on all sides in oil; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, sauté onion garlic, ginger, and apple for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add cognac (watch out for flame) and reduce by 2/3, then add apple juice concentrate, stock, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Return meat to the pan.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until desired doneness, basting occasionally with juices.
- Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup; skim off fat.
- Place back into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme.
- Serve warm over sliced pork.
If you have any doubts feel free to contact us here.